St Giles’ Centre was created as part of a major renovation project at St Giles’ Parish Church, Pontefract and is ideally situated in the centre of this bustling market town only minutes from the M62 and the A1. Easily accessible, yet reassuringly tranquil, St Giles’ Centre offers modern facilities in 18th century surroundings.
Our aim is to make a real contribution to local community needs and to assist in the regeneration of the town by attracting more visitors and supporting local heritage education. The Town Centre Masterplan considers St Giles’ to be “one of the jewels in Pontefract’s historical offer, with an important role in supporting the local community”.
The Centre Features:
- An attractive and inviting reception area leading into a multi-purpose space incorporating a café area with seating for over 40 people, ideal for interval drinks during a concert in the main body of the church or for refreshment and relaxation during a training or conference break.
- A well-equipped modern kitchen to meet most requirements.
- 4 meeting rooms of varying size from 19 square metres to 36 square metres accommodating 12 to 25 people on the first floor, 2 of which can be combined to form a 68 square metre room.
- Wireless broadband access available in all rooms.
- Large multi-purpose space in the main body of the church including a gallery to accommodate a total of up to 400 people and equipped with state of the art audio-visual equipment including a 3m screen. Ideal for exhibitions, conferences, seminars, concerts, plays and recitals.
- Well-maintained toilet facilities on both floors including facilities for disabled people and baby changing.
- High accessibility for wheelchairs and prams throughout the building with level floors and lift for easy access to first floor areas.
- Access ramps at the main entrance and north door entrance to the church.
- Large number of public car parks and on-street parking in close proximity.